With the recent turn in temperature confirming that winter is well-and-truly here, Australian workers are set to start dropping like flies. Thursday 13th June will be the nation’s biggest sick day according to data from Deliveroo for Business.
In the lead up to “chuck-a-sickie season,” Deliveroo for Business has unveiled some fascinating insights:
- Thursday are most common day of the week to stay home – not all employees appear to be making it over the middle week hump in full spirit
- The best time to call in sick (if you want to be convincing) is Tuesday morning at precisely 7.38am
- Employees in the Gold Coast appear to skip work most frequently
Everyone’s guilty of needing a duvet day at some point in their life and Deliveroo has pulled stories from tidbits around the office to bring you the wildest excuses Aussies have used:
5. “My family goat has gone missing”
4. “My tattoo is hurting”
3. “My jacuzzi has burnt down”
2. “I can’t find my car keys”
1. “I think I’m allergic to almonds and someone in the office keeps eating almonds”
“Having never owned a pet goat it is hard to understand the level of trauma losing this family member can evoke. However Deliveroo for Business is entirely empathetic towards the Australian employers that will be enduring one of the toughest weeks of the year due to sickness.
Utilising Deliveroo For Business may be the answer as the ultimate office perk that can be especially effective during winter in preventing a team member needing to pull a sickie.”Joe Satari, Deliveroo
Make sure to find and follow us on social media for instant updates and news on your favourite movies, games, shows and music.