The Kraken Black Spiced Rum is giving Australians a different way to welcome the winter solstice. In honour of the longest, darkest night of the year The Kraken Rum presents The Longest Nightmare of the Year. Transforming the infamous Kings Cross Hotel into a liveable nightmare that will plummet attendees into a true terror abyss.
According to new research commissioned by The Kraken Black Spiced Rum 1 in 5 Australians experience weekly nightmares. What makes Australians tremble in terror the most? 1 in 3 say the Kraken!
More Sydney Based Events
- Enjoy Xbox E3 Keynote at your local Hoyts cinema.
- Microsoft presents Fortnite Game Day at their flagship store in Sydney.
At 8pm sharp on Friday 21st June, the familiar doors of The Kings Cross Hotel will open to bring attendees face-to-face with their worst nightmares, leaving guests with non-stop scares and nowhere to hide. Avoid your slumber, and wander through interactive nightmares in the Sydney institution, exploding at the seams with undead sailors, beds of terror and the enraged spirit of the Kraken. To help get you through the longest, darkest night of the year all attendees will receive candles infused with the spirit of the Kraken to ward off potential nightmares.
After screaming the night away walking through a sea of the undead, attendees will experience a never-ending seafood grazing table; live-entertainment; reptiles straight from your worst fears and a nightmarish selection of The Kraken Black Spiced Rum cocktails including Spiced Night Fog, The Kraken Nightmare, Sea Beast Terror and fan favourite The Kraken Storm.
To leave even the most hardened horror aficionado shaking the interactive house of sea horrors was based on insights from a recent study. Freaky findings include:
- 45% of Australian’s (aged 25-34) admitting the monster they were most afraid of was the Kraken
- Over half of Australians (58%) have nightmares of being stuck in a sinking ship
- 41% of Australians dream of being attacked by creatures, with one third of these nightmares reoccurring.
- Only a wee 14% of Australian’s don’t suffer from nightmares
Friday 21st June, 2019
8pm @ Kings Cross Hotel
Enter via: Dive Bar Entrance
244/248 Williams St, Potts Point, NSW, 2011
Ticket price: $25 + booking fee
Each Longest Nightmare ticket holder will receive:
- A chilling selection of Kraken cocktails Spiced Night Fog, The Kraken Nightmare, Sea Beast Terror and fan favourite The Kraken Storm
- A spine-tingling interactive nightmare experience
- Inky black grazing table
- An encounter with a spine-tingling creature
- Hair-raising and Insta-worthy nightmare lair
- A take-home gift
If you will be in Sydney that weekend make sure you book your ticket on EventBrite before they are all sold out. If you are not able to make it, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. You can find the recipes for all the signature cocktails they will be serving at the event at the bottom of the article so you can still get a taste of the terror.
Alternatively, if your not much for the night-life The Kraken Black Spice Rum can be enjoyed at home an with you friends. If you’ve got he Xbox Game Pass you can download Sea of Thieves and start experiencing pirate life – and if you’ve got the cannon-balls to face your fears, actually hunt the Kraken!
So, whether you are up for a night on the town or you just want to spent some quality time in comfort of your own sofa, there is no real reason to miss out.
- The Kraken Black Spiced Rum promotes the responsible service and consumption of alcohol
- Kraken’s Longest Nightmare of the Year is strictly promoted to and designed for patrons 18 years or over
- Proof of age and identification will be prompted before entry at Kraken’s Longest Nightmare of the Year
4Sea Beast Terror
- 30ml The Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- 15ml Campari
- 15ml freshly pressed lime juice
- 15ml agave syrup
- 60ml freshly pressed pineapple juice
How to serve:
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake with ice. Strain into a Nick and Nora glass.