Meghan Markle not likely to attend Prince Philip’s funeral in UK

She may be welcome but she's definitely not wanted.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are not likely to attend Prince Philip’s royal funeral as tension between her and the family are high after Oprah interview.

- Advertisement -

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, passed away peacefully on April 9th, 2021, at Windsor Castle . He was 99-years-old and had been married to Her Royal Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, for 60 years. Markle’s “cold” condolences suggest that she’s not welcome to his funeral.

RELATED: YouTube to hide dislikes at the request the Biden Administration.

It’s not likely that Meghan Markle will attend Prince Philip’s funeral. Prince Philip passed away only a couple weeks after Meghan Markle gave an interview where he called him and his family heartless and racist.

Meghan Markle claimed that living with the royals made her suicidal and that they knew it and didn’t care to help. She also accused the family of being concerned about the colour of their son’s skin.

These allegations came at a time where the royal family were deeply concerned for the health of Prince Philip as he had been in hospital for several weeks leading up to the interview. Prince Philip, 99, was admitted to the King Edward VII’s Hospital in early February on the advice of His Royal Highness’s doctor after he said he wasn’t feeling well.

Regardless, her comments in the Oprah Winfrey interview angered activists and they took to street to protest against the Royal Family.

Although it was rumoured that Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, was supposed act as a spokesperson for the Royal Family and formally respond to the allegations levied against them. “There’s nobody better placed than Kate to set the record straight and reveal what really happened. She has such a calm and cool manner and aside from Prince William, she’s currently the most trusted member of the royals,” a source told US Weekly.

They obviously had bigger matters to attend to and have not bothered responding.

Prince Philip called racist thanks to Markle.

They did, however, announce Prince Philip’s passing on Friday stating, “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty the Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness the Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.”

The announcement of His Royal Highness’s passing was met with cheers and celebrations from Meghan Markle supporters and Black Lives Matter activists.

This recent hate directed at Prince Philip stems from the comments made by Meghan Markle about the “racist Royal family” during the Oprah Winfrey interview. Although she did not mention any names, it lead a lot of people to believe that she was referring to His Royal Majesty when talking about racial issues.

The British media lashed out Markle calling her interview distasteful and disrespectful.

“This is a two hour trash-a-thon of our royal family, of the monarchy, of everything the Queen has worked so hard for and it’s all being done while Prince Philip lies in hospital,” Piers Morgan said about the interview on Good Morning Britain.

He added, “They basically make it out that the entire royal family are a bunch of white supremacists by dropping this race bombshell, without evidence or even telling us who it was.”

Now Markle receiving even more criticism for the way she responded to the tragic news. According to many, Meghan Markle’s response to the news of Prince Philip’s death seemed very cold and heartless.

“Thank you for your service.”

The b-list celebrity actress turned Duchess of Sussex posted a very short message to the Archewell site last Friday afternoon. Although the message was supposed to honour Prince Philip many believe it is cold and heartless. The message simply reads, “Thank you for your service… you will be greatly missed.”

Former The Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie said the “ice cold” message signalled “a detachment from his family”.

Prince Harry angry at Meghan Markle

“He wasn’t a distant relative they hadn’t seen in years. Philip was his grandfather for God’s sake. Where’s the love?” He added.

Even Australian/New Zealand entertainment news reporter Peter Ford believed the message to be low effort and “dodgy”.

“I know it’s a ‘no win’ situation for them but is this the best Harry and Meghan could do? It’s like a comment placed on Trip Advisor. Even the punctuation is dodgy,” he tweeted.

Meghan not welcome at the funeral?

Although the Royal Family are yet to condemn, let alone comment on, Meghan Markle’s allegations against them it is evident that the relationship between the two families is shaky. Harry and Meghan are desperately trying to disassociate themselves with the British Royals and moved to California, Los Angeles, where the Duchess of Sussex is reportedly trying to get back into showbiz.

She may need to get back into acting especially considering that they’ve allegedly been denied access to the privy purse by HRH. Being cut off like that is as good as sign as any to suggest that you’ve been exiled by the Royal Family. But, according to our source, Meghan and Harry are both welcome to attend the funeral although a formal invitation has not, and probably won’t be, sent.

Even though Queen Elizabeth welcomes them back with open arms, the extended family will surely not be happy to see them — especially Meghan Markle — again.

- Advertisement -